Sat, 04 Dec|
Christmas Open Day 2021
Our first proper open day since 2019! We are opening our gates on Saturday the 4th of December 2021. All money from the day will go towards bedding costs for the winter. Currently over £200 weekly between all the animals!
Time & Location
04 Dec 2021, 12:00 – 14:00
Antrim, 26 Crosskennan Ln, Ballynoe Rd, Antrim BT41 2QY, UK
About the Event
Our first proper open day since 2019!
We are opening our gates on Saturday the 4th of December 2021 to all the general public - no need to book in advance!
It will be a short event with the days short at this time of year we need to ensure we can still get all the animal's needs met before the dark sets in.
Gates open at 12pm sharp and you are all invited to join us in the barn where we will have;
- Demonstrations by Daring Dogs NI.
- Pony grooming corner.
- Fresh Baked goods to buy!
- Fresh homemade soup to keep you warm.
- Teas and coffees supplied by Bailie's Coffee.
- Lots of Rescue Horses, Ponies, and donkeys to meet and greet.
- Volunteer Led Tours of the sanctuary.
- Mrs. Claus Cosy Corner with storytelling, Santa Letter writing, and Crafts.
- Christmas Jumper/Costume Competition. (Best jumper and Ugliest jumper wins!)
- Guess the Name of the Bear!
- And never to forget our canine companions who we've missed this past two years - a dog show!
All money from the day will go towards bedding costs for the winter. Currently over £200 weekly between all the animals.
Gates will close at 2 pm sharp to allow volunteers time to clear up after the event and get the horses and ponies moved about again before bed.
Entrance to the open day is free - however, activities will incur a fee in order to raise funds. We cannot take card payments on site.
Tickets for our Christmas Ballot as well as our 2022 Charity Gala will be available to buy on the day.
PARKING Parking is limited on-site so we do ask people to bear this in mind when traveling. You may be required to park along the roadside.
More information will be added as it is confirmed. - Do keep an eye on our Facebook event page for the most up-to-date information! - https://www.facebook.com/events/278904924166264